Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Up and at 'em at 5:30 am

My plan for Couch to 5K is Wednesday Day 1, Friday Day 2, Sunday Day 3. Do more intense cardio on Tuesday and Saturday and take Monday and Thursdays off.

Despite the darkness and rain, I got up this morning. I had downloaded an app from active.com so I no longer had to look at the treadmill to know when to switch. When I tried C25K last spring, prior to my husband's surgery, I was having neck pain and I think it was from staring at the screen.

I had bought Nike sneakers over the weekend and they felt great. I bought a wide because I think my feet have changed shape since having my kids.

The "run" this morning was okay. I did 1.75 miles in 30:12. I walked at 3.3 and jogged at 4.3.

In an ideal world I would do our local Turkey Trot. Thanksgiving is 11 weeks from tomorrow so that doesn't leave a lot of time, but I could at least try it and walk some if I need to.

I had a smaller snack after my work out. I know C25K isn't meant to be used to lose weight, but in the past I've probably eaten too much after a work out. So I just had a fruit cup and a string cheese at 6:30, then my normal breakfast at 8:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment