Wednesday, December 26, 2012

4 days of eating are done!

It felt so good to throw so much crap into the trash and bring it to the curb with all the wrapping paper! I can not wait to get back to normal, as I sit here at work eating my normal work breakfast.

I am not used to eating a lot of crap, so I physically feel ill from it all.

Saturday dinner was out for Thai food - lots of fried appetizers, Pad Thai, fried rice, a few yummy drinks.

Sunday breakfast was banana bread and egg nog, dinner was what is now become an annual tradition - I call it the Winter Solstice celebration, but we do it on December 23rd - I cook latkes and tons of appetizers.We also made a bunch more Christmas cookies.

Monday was our Christmas breakfast (so we don't have to do it actually on Christmas) with french toast, and bacon and eggs and fruit salad and egg nog. Christmas Eve was appetizers,beef tenderloin,twice baked potatoes, popovers,peas, chocolate crepes and lots of red wine.

Tuesday was more banana bread and egg nog, and lasagna with salad and garlic bread for dinner.

Since today was trash day, I told my husband to keep whatever cookies he wanted and we dumped the rest. Wasteful yes, but there is no price too high to losing weight (safely).

The only splurges I anticipate before New Year's is hopefully going out to a nice restaurant with my husband Saturday night and then a big dinner on New Year's Eve. I love cheese fondue and for the last 15 years I have made it on New Year's Eve. And then some other chocolate insanity for dessert (and other things for dinner as well). But other than that I plan on normal eating, and cleaning out the pantry this weekend and filling it up with all sorts of healthy foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment