Thursday, May 15, 2014

What a week!

I had such high hopes for this week, but it all came slamming down when my husband was admitted to the hospital on Monday. He had gotten bit by a tick Saturday and got a blood infection from it. Not Lyme disease (Lyme doesn't come on that quickly) - He is still in the hospital and may not get out until Saturday (they are waiting for his white blood count to come down and for him not to have a fever). So besides being a single mom for a week, we are adding hospital visits on top of that. So the eating has definitely not been stellar, but could have been worse!

Tuesday I went to Panera for lunch - I hadn't been there in over 10 years. I got my old favorite - onion soup in a bread bowl and a greek salad, and a lemonade. I ate the whole bread bowl and then my friend didn't want her onion soup so I ate the additional roll with her onion soup.

Wednesday night my husband wanted us to bring him pizza to the hospital. I also got pasta for the kids, mozzarella sticks, garlic bread (which we didn't touch) and we made him brownies - I only had 2 and left the rest at the hospital.

Obviously running hasn't been happening, though my husband was cute and told me I could go for a run when I came last night with the kids. But I was exhausted and the hospital is on a huge hill. But it was a nice thought! Even if he gets out by Saturday, I don't think a long run will happen on Sunday as it is supposed to pour all weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment