Monday, March 5, 2018

I ran, so snow, snow go away!

March is definitely coming in like a lion.

Thursday was a beautiful day and I did get in a partial work-out before having to leave to get my haircut.

Friday was the storm and for the life of me I can't remember why I didn't work out. I had been home all day by myself listening to all the rain and wind and thanking God that the rain wasn't snow. And praying that we didn't lose power. I had a ton of work to do and my cozy spot in front of the fire was much better than working out (my daughter did do 1/2 of the leg workout - go her!)

Saturday I did make it to Weight Watchers (6 weeks in a row!) - I was down slightly, but still not down to the 227 I was on week 2. I didn't work out Saturday because I knew I wanted to run on Saturday. I need to get out of the mentality that I can't do anything on Saturday just because I want to be as fresh as possible on Sunday.

And Sunday I ran (well, ran/walked) 4 miles. It almost didn't happen. At 5:30 I did turn off my clock (set for 6:30) and said that I would see how I felt when I actually woke up. We didn't have any plans on Sunday, so I could have run whenever I woke up. I woke up at 7:00 so was on the rail trail by 8:00.

Saturday I have learned how to set my watch to Intervals. I decided to try 4:00 running and 1:00 walking. I had a slight mishap at the beginning where I thought I had started my watch and then I said that it must have been at least 4:00 minutes and when I looked down I realized it hadn't started. So I started it and continued running so I probably ran 9:00 minutes to begin with. Woops! Overall my time as 56 minutes, which is awful for 4:00, but it is just the beginning. Hopefully next weekend I can do 6:00 minutes running. And by hopefully, I mean.....I probably won't be able to go on the rail trail because it will be covered in snow. Yes, snow!! :( We are supposed to get a storm on Wednesday/Thursday and then one Sunday night. Come on people!

No comments:

Post a Comment