Friday, March 9, 2018

Snowday = horrible eating and no exercise

Wednesday I was going to do Day 3 of 21 Day Fix, but due to a variety of reasons, it never happened even though I tried THREE times. Finally I gave up.

My husband brought home pizza - I had 2 slices and a lot of homemade Greek salad.

The snow finally started at 8:30 pm and we had 9-12" of heavy wet snow. But thankfully we had power. We lost it for 30 minutes in the middle of the night - I was woken up at 12:30 by the power coming back ON. We had a few downed limbs in our driveway, so my husband had a lot of work to do in order to get the driveway snowblowed.

What is it about a snow day that makes me eat like crap? I attribute it mainly to the stress of trying to balance the Mom hat and the Worker hat. Both fail miserably on a snow day. I found myself eating PB Ritz crackers and protein bars around 11:00 and my daughter was bored so she made brownies. For dinner I made spaghetti - I tried not to eat too much. But the scale was WAY up this morning. I didn't even get 4,500 steps yesterday! I shoveled part of our walk way but not the stairs going down to the driveway. I kept saying to myself - It is March 8, it will melt quickly. But the temps are not going to rise much in the foreseeable future and we could have ANOTHER storm next week!!!

So I am TRYING to eat well today - the kids are in school but have a 1/2 day. And I am still trying to recover from some disasters at work. I just want the day to be over! I did go grocery shopping this morning and did pretty well. It's going to be a long, long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment