Monday, July 22, 2013

10K Sunday!

I did it! Despite still having a terrible head cold, I got up and ran 6.22 miles, on my own (and the last 20 minutes I had no music because my playlist was only an hour)

I finished in 1:20:29 (did about 30 seconds of walking when I turned around), so an average of slightly under 13:00/mile.

I need to work on my recovery. While  it was hard, I wasn't dying, but I just felt like a slug all day long.

The official training for my 6.66 run in late October doesn't start until August 19th, but I think I will just play around the next 4 weeks - keep doing long runs on Sundays, but not necessarily 6 miles. Do some more running around my house which has slight elevations, try some strides, some intervals, and work on my strength and agility for the Diva Dash on September 7th.





No comments:

Post a Comment