Friday, July 5, 2013

Looking forward to next week

With the holiday over, I feel like Monday morning is the true start to the summer. No days off for any of us for 6 weeks, at which point me and the kids take a week breather before another school year begins - and my husband said he would join us for a couple of days. Yeah! But for the next 6 weeks we can hopefully get into a good summer routine, and for me that truly means working out 6 days a week.

I had intentions of working out on the 4th of July, but at the last minute on Wednesday, work had me working until midnight, and we had to leave the house at 8:30 for the parade, so I needed my rest. And then Thursday night we were up until after 11 (kids too!) and we needed to leave the house at 10:30, but I let myself just sleep in, which is rare (with WW on Saturdays and running on Sundays, I don't get much non-alarm wakings) and I slept up 8:00 and had a lot to do before we left.

We spent the mid-day at my parent's pool club - the one I learned to swim at. It was deserted when w got there, so I jumped off the diving board a bunch of times. I felt like a kid - it was wonderful. I did a few laps too, which was fun. But with no goggles (and even if I had had them, they wouldn't have been dark goggles), I didn't last too long.

When we got home and everything put away, I had a couple of hours to spare. I could have just sat down with my Kindle, but I really wanted to get in a second strength workout this week. Tomorrow I won't have time, so at 3:30 I put on my work out clothes and headed for the basement.

I started with a 5 minute walk on the treadmill, but I was itching to run (who am I saying this??!!) so I decided to run a mile. I set it for me normal 4.8/12:30 mile,  but was anxious to get it over with, so gradually increased the speed to 5.8 over the course of the mile. I finished a mile in about 11:35. I am itching to try speedwork off of the treadmill. I wish I had had my heart monitor on. I really need to get back into the habit of wearing it. Despite being drenched from running that fast, I got my strength workout in as well. And pumped up the tires on my stationary bike (bike trainer) so I can hopefully work out on that this week. I asked my husband to hook up the DVD and VCR in the basement so I can watch videos if I want (I have some VHS videos I love for workouts I can't find on DVD).

My husband insisted on cooking dinner tonight. I am pretty neurotic when it comes to my pre-WW food. Ever since the kids started swimming on Friday nights, I've just had a PB&J for dinner on Fridays. Since I am going to force myself to go to WW tomorrow regardless of what the scale says (it wasn't pretty this morning, post-4th), I want it to be as good as it can be. I was hoping to be back to my 10%, but I know that isn't going to happen. I almost told him that I wasn't going to eat what he was cooking (steak tips, grilled asparagus, pre-cooked rice - all very salty). Instead I ate almost a quart of strawberries and had a small amount of dinner. Whatever the scales tomorrow, I WILL be back to my 10% by next Saturday.

I haven't planned our menu for next week yet. Tomorrow we have a pool party to go to - it is a weird schedule. It starts at 1:00, but they feed us a meal - more of a mid-afternoon/very early dinner cook out. I will eat a normal lunch, so I won't be inclined to eat munchies, and then have a normal meal (with some ice cream and cake).

I am hoping to do 5 miles on Sunday, but with the humidity and the heat wave going on, I am not so sure. But I really want to!

No comments:

Post a Comment