Saturday, April 8, 2017

Weekly Weigh-in

222.2 on the scale at home, 224.2 on the scale at WW. It has been a little frustrating this time around that the difference between the 2 scales has been all over the place. Before it was consistently 1.2-1.6 pound difference. This time I have seen .6 and I've seen 2.0 (though generally the 1.2 - 1.6 difference)

I was slightly disappointed that the number wasn't slightly lower. A gain of 2 pounds in a week (thought a height of 5 pounds), though the number last week was pretty low (a loss of 4 pounds that week). Just means I need to work that much harder to get the number below 220. And work hard is what I plan on doing this week!

This weekend we are having our first grilling of the season, which in our house means steak tips, chicken artichoke pasta salad, caprese salad, and some sort of dessert. I asked my husband what he wanted for dessert, making it clear that it would be something I would buy, not make. What he wanted isn't my first choice, but I will go with it, and he asked to have ice cream with it and I refused - we don't need anymore ice cream in the house. We still have some from last weekend (and my daughter asked me when she got home from school yesterday if I wanted some with her for her afternoon snack and I obliged, not thinking about WW this morning). With the exception of the artichoke chicken pasta salad, I should be okay with everything.

So I will work hard this week and see what happens in a week!

One of the things we were talking about in the meeting was what to do when a gain happens. As well as the ever-popular topic of weighing yourself every day. For me the two go hand-in-hand. Historically, when I've stopped weighing myself every day, or even if I weigh myself but don't track it anywhere, is when the gains happen. Yes, I've gained weight, lot of it, while routinely attending WW meetings, but eventually I do give up and stop going to the meetings. But I do NEED to weigh myself every day. But I also need to stop dwelling on the fact that 2 1/2 years ago, when I started gaining weight again, that I couldn't stop myself. That I didn't get back on track enough. I don't know how much of it was because me dad was in the depths of dieing. In October 2014 I gained weight after my first 1/2 marathon and then more when we went to Disney shortly afterwards. I should have taken the bull-by-the-horns at that point and stopped the 10-15 pound slide. But he had really started to decline and the despair was started. But who knows. I just never, ever, ever thought I would be back here, 40 lbs heavier (at one point 50 lbs heavier, back at the starting point). And I admit, I think that in the back of my mind has made it harder for me to really be on board this time. "Oh, I'll just gain it back again" But I can't do that!!!!



1 comment:

  1. I sooooo could have written this post...even about the ice cream that I didn't need!

    For me weighing myself consistently is important for my own accountability.....and yes we both need to stop beating ourselves up over what we had and then lost grasp of. And we need to realize that while we are not there right now, we CAN get back to that place.

    ReplyDelete