Friday, April 21, 2017

What a long week it has been


Last weekend we were busy with sports, and spring cleaning and Easter.

Finally Saturday afternoon the kids were able to dye eggs.



Easter morning I headed out for 5 miles - I walked some (I was trying out a new water bottle to fit in my FitBelt - total fail - I need something I can put back while still running). But I got it done. By the end of the day I had 22,000 steps!


I got my annual picture of the kids in their ears.
Monday morning the kids and I woke up at 3:30 am to go to to Lexington, MA to watch the re-enactment of the Battle of Lexington (My pictures are still in my real camera). We came home and the 3 of us watched 3 different TVs all day long - I watched the Boston Marathon. I hate, hate running in the heat - I felt so bad for everyone!

The next day we headed out on an impromptu trip up the New Hampshire coast. The weather wasn't great, but I hadn't been on this road (to my recollection) so it was fun.

We brought stuff to spend the night - the kids had a blast swimming (I did swim some, but also relaxed)

I was in a cranky mood most of the weekend. So I wasn't completely surprised when my monthly visitor arrived on Wednesday, after 24 days. But 2 days later I am already feeling much better.

I didn't go to Weight Watchers last week - I really, really need to get back into it weekly, not every other week like it seems I have been doing. Honestly. I have NOTHING going on the foreseeable future so I should be able to go....every week until our vacation. There are 16 Saturdays before I go - the only one I could see missing is in late June. The day before I will be at the beach with my family. Oh yeah, and the day I pick my daughter up from camp - I think I need to be there at like 8 am. So out of 16 Saturdays, I am going to try to get to 12 of them. I think that is a good goal.

When we got home on Wednesday I purged a bunch of food out of the house. There is still some Easter candy left which I will throw out at the end of the weekend, if not before (I figure the kids have eaten everything they really like) and when I go grocery shopping tonight I am NOT buying crap!


1 comment:

  1. I think your 12/16 goal for weight watchers is a good one...gives a bit of leeway yet sets a good expectation!!!

    When I was running longer distances in the heat I was constantly looking for a way to cart water with me that wouldn't be obnoxious ...when you find the perfect solution please share!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete