Sunday, April 23, 2017

Weigh-in and a Run

I ate normally on Friday. I actually was at the office until 4:00 on Friday - something I haven't done in a long time. It was so a gross, rainy day, I knew if I stayed home (where the rest of my family was) I wouldn't get anything done.

Weight was 222.2 on Saturday. Can I get below 220 this week? I shall see. It is the beginning of our hectic Spring Sports schedule, which means not many family dinners for the next 8 weeks, which can be a positive (I can make what I want for myself for dinner) or negative (eating on the run, eating at weird times, potentially eating out).

My husband took care of the Saturday sports, so I could stay home at get a ton done - help my son with a school project, organize my clothes (I pulled a lot out which unfortunately don't fit - I put them upstairs for when they do, in addition to donating a bunch of clothes that when they do fit I know I won't want to wear). My daughter and I took a quick trip to Kohls where I got some new sports bras (I only had 2) and a couple of work shirts (in XL, which may be way too big). I am not buying more in XL - I just refuse too. I also got a new pair of sandals for work. Then we went to Target to get some bins to better organize our food pantry. And I got some work out shirts (unfortunately, again, a bigger size, probably too big) but anything to get me out the door feeling good.

Saturday night I made pasta for dinner and set my alarm for 6:00 so I could go for a run. It sure wasn't the tank-top weather of last weekend. I drove to the rail trail I love. So peaceful!



I did 5 miles without stopping which I hadn't done in a while (because I had been running around my house which meant inclines and hills). I just need to get my running mo-jo back and to me that means going back to basics - which means a flat Rail Trail. I did it in 1:05 which is a lot slower than I used to, but I need to just not think about "the way it used to be" That is my new baseline and hopefully over time I will get quicker. It just felt fantastic to do what used to be my normal weekend routine - WW on Saturday, run on Sunday.



1 comment:

  1. It sounds like a productive weekend!!!

    I like it...no focus on what used to be...just on what is and what will be!!!

    ReplyDelete