Saturday, February 12, 2011

Feeling an upswing coming

I continue to fret about the 5 lb in one week gain and the slow loss of it. As of this morning I had lost 3 of the 5. Despite Valentine's Day and TOM coming, I hope I can be successful this week.

Thursday we had our first WW meeting of the new session and my first time as the organizer. We ended up getting 21 people so that brings us to early June! Lots of new faces so I am very excited. Several people couldn't make the first meeting so I am going over the program with them at lunch on Monday. And Thursday afternoon a collegue stopped by and wanted to know about the program so I found myself rambling on for 30 minutes. I would love to be a leader someday. I know I couldn't have it be my actual job, but if there was anyway I could lead a couple meetings in the evenings or the weekend, that would be so much fun. I love to talk about weight-loss. I can talk about it until I am blue in the face.

I just looked up the weather and I was so excited for what I saw - 2 days next week where the highs start with a 5! Right now I would take a 4, but a 5 - bring it on! We need this snow to start melting. There is just so much of it. But we want it to melt slowly so everyone's basements don't flood.

I get such bad spring fever. Really, really bad. I absolutely love spring. May is my favorite month of the year. Lilacs are my favorite flower. Just thinking about spring makes me giddy inside. The thought of wearing flip flops, and painting my toes, and wearing capris. Just makes me want to do a jig.

Work is also going well. Crazy busy, but in a good way (for the most part!). I've worked a ton of hours, but I am learning stuff and that is what is important. I am working with new people, new people I like. And I've been able to eat relatively healthy despite it. I do need to change my afternoon snack - the apple I need to cut up isn't going to cut it (woops, sorry for the pun!) anymore as I am too busy and it is too messy. The reason I have to cut it up is I have 1 tooth where I am worried about it's longetivity - I've had gum issues around this tooth my whole adult life and I worry that it could break eating an apple the regular way. I also need to go back to cutting up my Lean Cuisine pizzas so they are only 8 points.

Last weekend I forgot to buy my Lean Cuisine pizzas so I only had enough through Wednesday. So Thursday I had to buy lunch in the cafeteria. Thursday I got a egg salad sandwich. Friday I wanted to get a cheeseburger and fries :) But it would have taken too long to cook so I got the chicken/broccoli pasta.

So here is to being successful this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment