Thursday, March 3, 2011

No weigh-in this week

I write that a little bit stuffed from my lunch.

But to go back to dinner last night, we ate at a Brewery. I had tried to look on-line for the menu, but the menu wasn't on the website. It was about 7:30 when we arrived and I was starving. We were a group of 8 people, all the other 6 besides me and my collegue were men who travel Mon-Thurs each week. Thankfully for my waist no one suggested getting appetizers. We did get a beer each, which I didn't finish. Most of the food was BBQ and single pizzas. I got pulled pork. The 2 sides I got were coleslaw and baked beans - they were tiny, tiny though - about 1/4 cup each. So I was actually quite hungry by the end of dinner. But refrained for dessert, though a couple of people did order desssert.

This morning I got breakfast at the company cafeteria. I got a yogurt parfait and a very large muffin.

I had a Fiber One bar at 11:30.

I had a later lunch at 1:30 - I got a chicken fajita salad but a full-size portion - should have gone with the 1/2 size. And my 20 oz coke which I didn't come close to finishing.

Dinner will be at the airport (Mexican again I think) and then back to the calmness of my own home and my own food.

Next time I travel it is going to be for 4 nights - I've told my collegue that we need to find a grocery store between here and the airport so I can pick up water, carrots, string cheese, and fruit cups (and maybe Vitatops and 8 oz cokes). I will bring along my own cereal so I just have to buy the yogurt (the same I get at home) here at the cafeteria.

At home, we go out so infrequently that I do act like it is a treat and eat whatever I want. But if I am going to be eating out because I have to, not because I want to, I am going to try to eat as close to normal as possible, with the occasional transgression. This first trip to my new client has definitely been a learning experience, but now that I have some knowledge, my future trips here will be more successful on the food front.

No comments:

Post a Comment