Sunday, July 6, 2014

50 lbs and 8 miles

I didn't run at all in the month of July until this morning. My husband got home very late Thursday night and I just didn't want to get the kids up so early and head to a race in the rain, so we stayed home and had a pajama day on the 4th - It was pouring rain by the afternoon. I knew we had 2 BBQs on the weekend, so treated the day like any other,  because I was itching for 50 lb on Saturday.


I really didn't want to wake up though on Saturday. I knew my new leader wouldn't me at the meeting. I woke up at 6. Scale said 182.4. .2 shy of 50 lbs. I knew dressing lightly and going to 1 scale over another, I might be okay. But I said screw it and got back into bed. But 10 minutes later I had to go the bathroom again. 182.2 on the nose! I wore a light pair of gym shorts and a tank top with no bra and went to my meeting.


50 POUNDS GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I was beyond excited. I looked back and it was on July 13 last year I got 25 lbs, so almost a year to lose another 25 lbs.


(Granted the scale was up 2 lb this morning and who knows what it will be tomorrow)


I enjoyed both BBQ, but didn't go crazy. No alcohol. But could have been better at both.


This morning I ran on my own. I SO did not want to get out of bed, but since I hadn't run last week at all, I knew I had to do at least 7 miles.


It was no humid and not overly hot when I started at 7 am.  I knew I would try for 7.5, my previous longest run. But then decided maybe I would try for 7.75 since I had 8 miles slated for next weekend. But I didn't want to turn around at such an odd number that I went 3.96 before turning around. But still thought I would stop at 7.75. Well I couldn't just stop then! And since I hadn't gone a full 4, I had to turn around again at the end and so a little more to get to 8.0 miles.


Going to do 8 next weekend as well, and then the following weekend we will be out of town, but I mapped a 7+ mile route...with hills!


I just signed up for a 5K this Thursday night, just so I can say I have a bib for July since I didn't get to race on the 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment