Friday, March 8, 2019

5/5 5:30 am wake-ups!

Happy Friday!! I am beyond excited for Friday (who isn't?!)

Wednesday was a pretty good eating day - my afternoon snack (which wasn't until 4:50!) was 2 more string cheeses and a peaches (ie a repeat of my morning snack) and dinner was Korean BBQ (from the freezer), jasmine rice (just the microwaveable kind) and stir fried snap peas with water chestnuts.

Thursday I really didn't want to get up - I had slept poorly and has visions of staying in bed, but what would an extra 30 minutes do for me? I knew I had a 3 mile date with the treadmill since I wouldn't be running on Saturday, and I didn't want to break that date and I didn't. I just wanted to get through the 3 miles - I didn't want to break any speed records so I just kept it on 4.8 the entire time and finished in 37:32. I was in such a hurry to get upstairs that I didn't do a cool down and thus didn't snap a picture on the treadmill. It felt good to get to that 3 mile mark. No more runs under 3 miles for this one (except I may do a 2.75 mile run next week just to get my 2019 mile tally to a nice round number!)

I didn't end up drinking chocolate milk after which I wish I had - I was definitely feeling the effects of not enough nutrition by the time I got to work, but I did get in a 3 floor walk before having my breakfast. Eating was okay until my afternoon "snack" which was 2 small pieces of leftover homemade pizza. Dinner was pulled pork (from the freezer), baked beans (just a few), couple onion rings, and some coleslaw (I made the coleslaw, my husband "made" the rest, I needed SOME veggies)


After going to bed at 9:30, I had a date with Yoga Fix from 21 Day Fix on Friday. I've never really tried yoga. You will notice my sneakers - I was in just such a rhythm this morning that I automatically put my sneakers on, forgetting that yoga is done barefoot. I am horrible at yoga, but definitely excited to add it into my routine once a week.


I did weigh myself this morning 225.0. Even though I am not going to WW in the morning, I am going to keep my same Friday menu (substituting Natural PB for my Nutella in my wrap for "dinner") so I can get an accurate read in the morning. Then I will have 2 mini breakfasts before skiing to get some more fuel in my body.

So it has been 4 weeks since my endoscopy and while the scale was 223.2 the next morning, that was kind of a false reading. I hadn't eaten a ton the day before plus had some intestinal issues, and that was the week that the scale just went up and up and up 5+ pounds. I've been 225.0 the last couple of Saturdays, so this month has been a wash. I really, really, really want to get under 220s so I am going to have to work hard despite my son's birthday coming up in 9 days.

Happy Friday and Happy Weekend!

1 comment:

  1. How was skiing???? And how was your weight before you went!!!

    My februarybwas a wash also! But I aim to change that. WE can change the course!!!

    ReplyDelete