Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Friday yet?!

Just bring on the weekend because it is going to be so busy!

Monday was a good day until I was making dinner. Even though I had had my chicken salad as a snack around 4:00, I was making Pad Thai and I just kept eating peanuts, and peanuts, and peanuts...And then had 2 helpings of my Pad Thai. No one else was gung ho about it and I was in a pissy mood when the rest of my family doesn't even try what I make so I threw the rest of it away.

Prior to Tuesday I was 12.75 miles to run to match my miles for 2018 (which was a very sad 58.25 miles). So I decided to run 2.75 to get it to an even 10.


 From then on the day was kind of a downer and very busy. One of the busyness was seeing the nutritionist. My old one had retired. I thought this was going to be her replacement, but turns out she is only filling in for a couple of months until they hopefully hire her replacement. While I thought I should concentrate on my afternoon snack next, she wanted me to concentrate on my lunch - get rid of my Lean Cuisine 12 point 400 calorie, high in sodium, very high in carb staple lunch that I have been eating for 12+ years. So when I am at the grocery store I am going to look for some low carb/no carb alternatives (and then I can add some low carb sides).

At 3 o'clock the stress of the day finally wore me down and I ended up eating the 2 Hersey bars I had bought for skiing. Mind you, these are not just the normal drug-store Hersey bars. These are called XL. But what is done is done.

Dinner was pasta/sauce/cheese/salad/1 piece of garlic bread - no seconds even though I really wanted it.

I didn't get to bed until 10:30 (I HAD to watch This Is Us but didn't start until 9:45) so before I went to bed I changed my alarm from 5:30  to my old 6:00, even though I had laid out my clothes. After the day I had had I knew I needed the extra sleep. Today isn't going to great, but hopefully will be somewhat better.

On a side note, I was going back and forth with my college BFF. We became friends in December 2019 and we were able to communicate through a rudimentary email system (we didn't go to the same college). It was so cool - this was years before the Internet and years before the majority of the people at our colleges had email. Now I feel really, really old!


No comments:

Post a Comment