Thursday, February 7, 2013

It is going to be a long few days....

One of the hardest things about being a mom is having to flip your schedule on a dime. As I wrote yesterday I had everything well planned out on how I could get my weigh-in in before the storm.

Yesterday I left work early so I could get home for a conference call and then do a little grocery shopping to tide us over through the storm. Just as I got home I got a call from the after-school nurse saying my daughter was complaining of a sore throat, but no fever, but warned me strep was going around. After my conference call me and my 3 year old (who had come home from my parents house during my call) left to get my daughter and then go shopping, but right as we were pulling in we got a call that she did now have a fever.

The 3 of tried to go to the Minute Clinic at CVS but there were too many people waiting, so we went to the train station to wait for my husband (whose train was late - it is never late) so I could hand off my son. Meanwhile my daughter looked so sick - she *knock on wood* really hasn't been sick before - I had never seen her like this. Off to Urgent Care we went. 1 1/2 hours later, yep, it is strep. We got home, I was famished, no grocery shopping done. My husband had made spaghetti, so at 8:00 pm I wolfed down 2 small helpings (but second none the less).

This morning my daughter was feeling much better (but still couldn't go to school), so after dropping off my son, we went grocery shopping. What a mad house! At 8:00 am! The snow isn't supposed to arrive until Friday afternoon/evening, but everyone was shopping!

So here it is, almost 10:00 am, and I've just had my normal breakfast, plus a glass of OJ, plus a M&M cookie....I need to turn this day around now because it so easily could go very, very, badly. But off I go to snuggle on the couch - I am actually taking a sick day today instead of trying to work from home (and unfortunately my throat is starting to feel sore, so if the kids go to school tomorrow, I may have to go to Urgent Care myself instead of my weigh-in :( ). But I can't think like that - I need to act today like I will go to my weigh-in and eat well today.

No comments:

Post a Comment