Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Back on track?

Last week's storm and frigid weather just through me for a loop and off my newly found game plan.

By Friday I had run out of pre-made lunch foods (due to my husband eating 1 day's worth of egg salad), and having to WFH with kids cooped up in the house does not lend itself well to eating healthy.

Weight Watchers didn't happen Saturday morning due to the 2 days of poor eating and the fact that it was 0 degrees (with a wind chill of -15), and I barely slept Friday night due to work stress, and I had no other reason to leave the house that early.

Saturday's eating wasn't great, wasn't horrible.
We did finally leave the house at 2:30 to go see Star Wars again, where I had a water, small popcorn, and a box of Raisinets (there is fruit in there!) and then we didn't have an organized dinner.

Sunday was a blur. I got up around 8:00 and went grocery shopping, again in the bitter cold. I did make a couple of impulse buys - a bag of Jerky trail mix, and another dish of chocolate hummus (despite the fact that it didn't go well with the first one last week!).

I actually made dinner and did some work prep (my normal putting carrots and Cheerios in to bags, more hard boiled eggs, and made more egg salad and chicken salad).

Monday was good until I got home - My son had Cub Scouts so it was a little disorganized, so another tub of chocolate hummus gone (alone with bananas, grapes and pretzels), a little left over pasta, and I feel like some pseudo junk in there as well. I didn't really have dinner so did go to bed hungry.

One thing you have have noticed was no mention of any exercise at all. Friday and Saturday I barely had any steps (the only reason I had more on Saturday was walking from the car to the movie theatre and back).

Monday I took one deliberate walk but ended the day with less than 6,000 steps. I need to change that!

1 comment:

  1. Push through and get the routine going.!!! It’s easier to throw up your hands when the routine is not firmly in place!!! You’ll get there...and your right it was cold!!!!!

    ReplyDelete