Thursday, January 18, 2018

I just need to do it!

Tuesday I had my annual GYN appointment - always a fun time. It was at 1:40 -I had a large snack around 11:30 but hadn't had lunch because who wants to be poked and prodded on a full stomach. I got on the scale with jeans and a heavy belt and heavy shoes - 236.4 - She took away 2 pounds for clothing. Thanks :(  I got on the scale today - 232.4. Ugh, really? No surprise. I've just been out of control I feel for the last couple of weeks.

After my appointment I changed my annual PCP to mid-July from April 2, the day after Easter. I do prefer to have the 2 appointments 6 months apart, but I also just didn't want to face the scale for the doctor that will say something.  6 months to get it together and have the scale go DOWN instead of up.

These freaking snow days kill my mojo as well - the kids had yesterday off - they totally could have gone to school - we only got 3 inches. I found my way into marshmallows and dark chocolate bits yesterday.

But this morning everything went in the trash - no chocolate bits, no marshmallows, no boxes of frozen appetizers, nothing junky at all. I will make a good meal plan for the week. I will make lunches for all days next week. Despite PMS (or wherever I am in the 2nd half of my cycle), I will prevail!

Another thing that has been weighing (no pun intended) on my mind this week is our upcoming trip to Universal in 3 months. Universal has a lot more "real" rides than Disney and a lot that have size restrictions. While I know that a lot of people are a lot bigger than me (and some of the rides, when they talk about size restrictions they may mean broad shoulders, long legs, but some also mean large chests (not me!) and large middles), I am paranoid. While I am not a big thrill ride person (I was until I had kids) so I may not want to go on all of them anyways, I want it to be my choice, not my size.


No comments:

Post a Comment