Thursday, January 11, 2018

Not feeling great.....

This week so far hasn't been great, hasn't been horrible.

Tuesday night I made a fantastic dinner - stir fry beef, stir fried pea pods with water chestnuts, and fried rice with pineapple, edameme, and scrambled eggs. But I ate too much of it.

Wednesday night dinner was spaghetti and salad and I only had 1 helping - that was really hard!

One day this week, and I can't remember which day because I haven't been as good as tracking, though I have gone back and tried to fill it out, I had another chicken salad tortilla as part (yes, only part) of my snack.

And yesterday, in desperation I found myself eating chocolate PB2 powder with water.

Things I have learned this week:
1) I need to mix up my lunches
2) In the afternoon I really am craving something sweet, and something crunchy. Apple slices with peanut butter perhaps?
3) Do better about tracking and also journaling
4) Get in more steps - last night my legs were so twitchy for inactivity

Life was a little easier this week because the school lunch menus were a lot of the kids favorites so I didn't have to oversee many lunches, but that just means in the weeks to come there could be weeks where they make their lunches every day.

I haven't menu planned for next week yet. I plan on doing that. Just because there is football on this weekend doesn't mean we have to do anything special. After all, my team is on at 8:15 Saturday night. If they make it another week then we will do something special for next Sunday afternoon.

For now I will enjoy that we will be in the 50s until Saturday mid-day and hopefully the rain will wash away a lot of snow.



1 comment:

  1. Don’t stress the fact that things have not been perfect...your here...your cognizant and you are taking steps in the right direction!!!!

    ReplyDelete