Friday, January 5, 2018

One snow day down, one to go

Today technically isn't snowing, but because it didn't stop snowing until 9 am and today is going to be bitterly cold (and it being a Friday may have factored in), the kids don't have school again today. The sun is shining but the temps are plummeting - though my husband was able to drive into Boston today. And now a snow day for me - Working hard both days.

Yesterday eating was okay until about 1:00 and then work got more stressful and the snow got more stressful and the eating kind of went to crap.

I barely had any steps because I was sitting in my recliner working, trying to avoid everyone in my family!

After my lunch of egg salad (which I think I have decided won't be part of the rotation, unless I make it that morning), I found myself nibbling on hot fries and chocolate covered pretzels. And I found myself eating a whole entire tub of chocolate hummus - first with grapes, then pretzels, then, just by itself!

Dinner was re-heated pasta prior to going out to brave the clean-up. Because my side of the garage door is broken, I had to dig out my SUV (thank goodness I bought a snow rake last week), then I moved it, cleared it off even more, shoveled out the rest of the original spot, and put my car back. This is all while my husband was snow blowing 18" of snow. i also shoveled the front porch and the front steps and a thin path down to the driveway (my husband later shoveled out the rest), I shoveled  path on our back deck (I am all about safety and wanted as many ways to get out of the house as possible - I must be my dad's daughter) and then I waded out the back of the house to verify that all the pipes were free.

I ended the day with 7,500 steps (you don't get a lot of steps shoveling) and collapsed in bed in exhaustion.

Today it is windy and sunny and bitter cold and just going to get colder through today and tomorrow. I am feeling stress about work. I am feeling very weak in the food department but I will try to be strong.

I would really like to go to my meeting in the morning but it is supposed to be -2 (not wind chill) tomorrow morning. So I may give it another week! But still work the plan on my own. I need to make a grocery list, but I don't anticipate going until Sunday morning (oh look, it will be -7 on Sunday morning). Thank goodness my husband bought milk on Wednesday night!

The good news is I paid off our cruise in April yesterday and I know it will be warmer by then, unlike friends who are in Disney this weekend for Marathon weekend and it is freezing!

No comments:

Post a Comment