Monday, January 1, 2018

Happy New Year!

Bye Bye 2017, not sorry to see you go!




2017 was not a stellar year at all - I lost and gained and lost and gained the same 10 pounds and am now back where I was 5 years ago - 230 lbs. Ugh. Starting to get really uncomfortable so need to do something stat - like tomorrow!

I ran 166 miles - 43 runs, but have not run since September 17th. Really no reason. I was looking forward to the coolness that October brings and it didn't bring anything except heat and humidity, and once November arrived, I was just busy and just gave up. That will stop today! I would love to run 365 miles in 2018 which means 7 miles a week - which means a 3 mile during the week and 4 4 miles on Sunday - I can do that!

2017 was no good financially - we start the year with much more credit card debt than we had a year ago, mainly due to the vacations we took this past year and already paying some for vacations for 2018. But I have a plan to be lean and mean in the first 3rd of the year and really pay it down.

Other things I plan on doing in 2018:
"Blog" more - even if it is short, to help keep me accountable
Get back to WW on Saturday 1/6 and don't plan on missing a meeting until the end of April when we are on vacation
Move more - more steps at work, light weights, walking on the treadmill, using our bike
Better sleep
No buying lunch at work - I am challenging myself (and me and my friend) to see how long we can go - but that doesn't mean going back to the normal stand-by which I've come to hate (and is way too high in WW points)
Less screen time/more present with my kids

The above aren't resolutions - I am not going to try to lose X amount of weight - I just need to do something!!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year, sounds like you have a good plan. Looking forward to following your journey.

    ReplyDelete