Wednesday, January 3, 2018

New Year, New Foods and my Tuesday

For at least 11 years I've been eating roughly the same thing:
  • Breakfast: Yogurt, Cheerios
  • Morning Snack: cheese stick, fruit
  • Lunch: Lean Cuisine Deluxe Pizza, Carrots --> Downfall, I'd buy lunch instead
  • Afternoon Snack: Vitatop, fruit --> Huge downfall, would eat crap once I started going home in the afternoon to get the kids off the bus

The yogurt is Dannon's Light and Fit, but does have sugar - I know I should give plain, unsweetened another try - I will, once I make some other changes first. I do like overnight oats, but the point value is a little high. I can't stand the thought of cooking eggs at home and re-heating at work (I eat breakfast at 9:00 when I get in).

Morning snack - I am going to leave it as it

Lunch - This is the big one. I'll get back to it.

Afternoon Snack: A Vitatop is 4 points and I am trying to eat less processed food, and I want protein in the afternoons, so I am compiling a list - yesterday I had celery with Almond Butter and a few nuts and raisins on it.

Okay, lunch. One that I have been wanting to change for YEARS. I started having these pizzas when my daughter was born (11+ years ago), because then I started eating at my desk and it was easy and convenient. At times when I was losing weight in the past I would have to cut it down because it was too many points. But my desire to change was always outweighed by convenience. And now with the new FreeStyle, it is really bad - one pizza is 12 points and with FreeStyle I only get 24 points a day. And recently Lean Cuisine has changed their formula so it is all bread with very little cheese and pepperoni and veggies.

In the past I had created a list of lunches I could make, but worrying about points made me reluctant. Or making pasta and dividing it into 5 dishes to have for the week, I would find myself having one of the dishes as a snack, or just being overwhelmed by the amount of prep work needed when I had small children, especially when I was having to make their lunches for daycare or school.

But now they aren't as little, and buy their lunches more or can make their own lunches, and time to make me a priority and I need to try this again. So I've made a list again as well as a list of prep work I can do during the weekend. But now, also with only 1 kid at home in the mornings, who eats the same thing every day he brings lunch, I do have the luxury of more time.

So Monday I:
Boiled hardboiled eggs and made 2 days worth of egg salad (of which my husband ate one of!)
Made 2 days worth of chicken salad.

So how did my Tuesday go?
I had a piece of fruit and my vitamin at 7:30 (I can't eat it on an empty stomach or I feel nauseous)

I had my breakfast at 9:00

I got a walk break in before 10:00

I didn't have my snack until it was lunch time - I ate my snack and my lunch around 12:30. I had made the chicken salad on a Lavish wrap with some lettuce, roasted peppers and mild banana peppers to mimic the sandwich I would buy downstairs. The Lavish isn't great and it tears kind of easily. I will try something different for Wednesday.

I got another walk break in before leaving to WFH in the afternoon. I had about 5,000 steps by the time I got home.

Then I sat on my butt and worked for 2 1/2 hours and did have my snack of celery with PB and a fruit cup.

At 5:15 I walked 2 miles on the treadmill (this time changing into workout clothes so I wouldn't chafe myself).

Dinner was tacos - I had 2 flax tortillas instead of shells, chicken, black beans, quinoa, sour cream (light), salsa, guacamole, and cheese (regular, not light). Dinner maybe have been on the slightly larger side. I could have had a 3rd taco but refrained.

Both kids had had teeth pulled last week and we had extra ice cream in the house and my daughter lost another tooth right before dinner, so I allowed ice cream for dessert. I passed, but as I was putting it away, I chose to have 1 spoonful - yep, right out of the carton. Of course I didn't stop at 1 - wasn't as much as I would have had in a bowl (I don't think, but then again I was eating it out of the carton).

But what is done is done - on to another day (and Thursday will be a snow day - ie I will be working from home while the kids don't have school which sounds exactly like all of last week!)





2 comments:

  1. Good thoughts on your menu. Thanks for sharing what youactually eat. I do best when I eat the same things over and over and I'm wanting to get that set up. You gave me some ideas. I'm not on WW, I countcalories instead. It's hard sometimeswhen your a picky eater like me LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to figure out lunches too...because today I was out of fresh fruit...and I will probably end up buying a quick lunch!

    ReplyDelete