Friday, January 19, 2018

Really back to the beginning

Scale was 232.2 this morning - that was my starting weight at WW on 12/1/2012. Yep, all the way back to the beginning.

But I am feeling energized (despite having pulled a muscle in my quad squatting down to play with my cat) this morning - I realize this is the first full Friday I've had to myself at home in a month! Feels great, despite it being freezing cold again (though we have slightly warmer temps to look forward to this weekend). And I get to do on-line check in for our cruise, so I need to get cracking! I want to be down 12.2 lbs by then!

I purged some more food today and made my grocery list for shopping tonight. I added in Vitatops again, which has been part of my afternoon snack. I am thinking that I made too many changes at once, so I going back to basics for my snack and see how that goes. I was so tempted to just say "Screw it" and go back to my Lean Cuisine lunches, but I really want to keep going with this. I'll skip the egg salad for next week, because I realize that isn't something I can have every week. Since I didn't make chicken salad for this week, I'll make some for next and try something new next week as well.

I am making chili for dinner on Sunday - I usually make it once a year and during the NFL playoffs. I can't wait to have it! I sometimes make stew as well, but I am not feeling like it this year. IF we end up in the Super Bowl AGAIN I will make our usual cake, but even if we don't, I do make something sugary because Super Bowl weekend corresponds with Ground Hog day!

But for now we have another quiet weekend, which is fantastic!


2 comments:

  1. You and me both. I realized this morning that while I am still down from my highest I am roughly where I was when I started weight watchers (shortly after starting this blog)!!! Frustrating!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And what really sucks is when people say "my highest non-pregnancy weight" - Yeah, I am also where I was when I was 9 months pregnant with my son. I was almost 20 lbs heavier at 9 months pregnant with my daughter, despite starting out the same weight. But with him I was on modified bed rest the second 1/2 of the pregnancy so ultimately I lost weight because I was very good about what I ate while getting zero activity.

      Delete