Monday, January 22, 2018

Lazy, lazy weekend

It was very nice to have another weekend of really doing nothing! I spent the majority of the time reading 2 books I got for Christmas about Yellowstone and Grand Teton. Both were written by women who moved there.

I finished up Yellowstone has teeth



 And started and finished Altitude Adjustment


Both books made me eager to get back out West - I am really hoping that me and my husband can next summer but I am tempted to go even if he can't get the time off!

Friday night I went grocery shopping and was very successful in not buying any junk, even though later in the weekend I regretted it!

Saturday was also spent finally getting our flu shots. We went to CVS at 11:15 and the wait had jumped to over an hour (which really meant 90 minutes, but then she had to take a lunch, which meant 2 hours) - but when we checked in we were able to leave our cell phone #s so we went home and waited (and read) until we were instructed to come back.

We did family movie night on both Friday and Saturday night where we introduced the kids to Back to the Future and Back to the Future II. I hadn't seen them in years so it was fun.

I actually cooked Friday and Saturday night! Friday was just pasta and a salad, while Saturday was Pear Chutney Chicken with Israeli Couscous and green beans.

 Saturday I also made chili to eat during the football games on Sunday. But with how my stomach felt towards the end of the Patriot's game, I didn't eat until it was well over.

Monthly visitor arrived Saturday evening, more on the early side, and I was pretty crampy Sunday morning (enough that I actually took Tylenol), so another excuse to be lazy and read all morning. I then got my food prep done before sitting and watching football.

Yesterday I was doing laundry and was looking at my jeans that I wear to work. While they are the correct size, they are starting to get worn between the legs :( Which means I will need to get new pairs fairly soon.

Once the monthly visitor is gone, I also need to review my clothing for the cruise. I did 90 day Online Check-in Friday night, so the clock is ticking! Usually dates sent the scale climbing, but in the case I REALLY need to lose 10 lbs (AND exercise so my legs are smaller) prior to vacation because I REFUSE to buy new clothes!!!)




2 comments:

  1. You have a great motivator with the cruise looming closer and closer!!!!

    Sometimes we need those wonderful relaxing weekends!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also refuse to buy new clothes! My poor muffintop though. Sigh.

    Isn't it weird how we always regret not getting any junk food? But then I regret eating it. It's a no-win situation.

    ReplyDelete