Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Day 1 and Back to Work

January 1st was never supposed to be "good" eating day - From eating perspective, New Year's Day is a "cheat" day.

Yesterday was the 1st New Year's Day where I didn't run a 5K - I would have done it had it not be so freaking cold! But I never even signed up for my normal race - part of the reason is that they changed the normal medals. I love this medals. The one on the far left was my first medal ever so it has a special place in my heart. And I love this race because of the metal. But they changed it from a bottle stopper


To a bottle opener which just isn't as cool, because it doesn't make it special. So many races are doing that now.
I also considered another race "Hangover Classic" which has a optional Polar Plunge into the Atlantic ocean at the end.

But it was cold, cold, cold outside and it was nice to stay inside and continue (and finish!) organizing the house like crazy. Part of the organizing was grazing on some of the treats we still had in the house, treats that as of the morning, are now in the trash.

But in addition to running around like crazy, I did consciously exercise. To start the year off right and get 10,000 steps, I stepped on the treadmill and walked a mile and then the bike and biked 2.1 miles, so while it wasn't running, I got a 5K done and ended the day with 11,500 steps.

It is a good start! Tomorrow I'll talk more about my plans for different foods. Time to get away from the same foods I've been eating for 11+ years!

2 comments:

  1. You had a fabulous start!!! Keep up the great job!!

    I’m so jealous..in all the races I’ve done I’ve never gotten a medal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome first day of the year!

    I'm still working up to 10,000 steps a day. I'll get there one day.

    ReplyDelete