Thursday, January 4, 2018

Wednesday - the day that ended with ice cream

What is it about the stress of an upcoming storm that makes you want to eat crap??!!

The rest of the day went pretty well. A normal work day with some things of note:

1) I only ended up taking one deliberate walk break during the morning, so I left work at 3:00 with less than 5,000 steps. I should have gotten a 2nd break in

2) I made my chicken salad with 2 flax tortillas - 4 SmartPoints instead of 2, but I was afraid that just 1 tortilla wouldn't be enough filling, but I felt that both was too much food. I will definitely buy 2 packages of these tortillas next week - much better than the flaxseed Lavish bread.

3) I don't think I had an afternoon snack! I hadn't packed one because I knew I would be home in the afternoon but I got home around 3:30 we had to leave at 4:15 for piano - so I don't think I had a snack!

4) My daughter was a ski club until 7:00 pm and I didn't have anything planned for dinner, so it was a "everyone for themselves" day - I spiralized a sweet potato and cooked it with a little chicken, taco seasonings and added goat cheese and dried blueberries on top - I didn't measure anything which I should have. I also spiralized a zucchini and cooked it with some garlic and put a little pasta cheese on top.

5) I really didn't want to exercise and I was only at 6,500 steps at 7 pm, but I didn't have anything else to do, so I rode the exercise bike. I attached my Garmin to my sneaker, but after 5 miles/22 minutes, I only was at 8,000 steps. While the Garmin didn't register 10,000 steps for the day, with the exercise I am taking it as a win.

6) And then the ice cream happened. No, the kids were not having ice cream. I had finished my bike ride and the chocolate ice cream was calling my name, so yep, I had a bowl. I did leave a small amount in the carton for my daughter to have.

So now it is a snow day (but since I can WFH, I am) - I am going to do my best to eat normally, but it is 11:00 am and I've only gotten 975 steps and drank 20 oz of water. No every day can be perfect!

1 comment:

  1. I think your last paragraph is the most profound one of the whole post! Not every day can be perfect! If we live with that expectation we are only setting ourselves up for failure....instead we have to roll with the punches and realize that there will be non-perfect days!!

    ReplyDelete