Friday, December 10, 2010

Holiday Plan

I went through last night and did menu planning for the next 3 weeks to make sure that we had time to fit in all the holiday favorites - It all will be a big test for me, because I don't want to be deprived so it will be a test of portion control.

We have nothing for the next week, so I have time to flush out the system and feel good. We had tacos last night, which notoriously is a meal where I have seconds, which I did. Add the black olives and the scale wasn't pretty this morning. But it kept me in check and prevented me from ordering breakfast at work this morning, since this is a rare Friday I am in the office.


Baking/Dessserts
Chocolate chip cookies
Gingerbread Men (for Santa)
Raspberry thumbprints with white chocolate
Chex Mix
Buche de Noel for Christmas Eve
Chocolate Charlotte for New Year's Eve


Gatherings
Saturday Dec 18th - Xmas Party
Sunday Dec 19th - Xmas playdate/lunch with friends
Sunday Dec 19th - Appetizer dinner with family
Christmas Eve at my parents - Beef tenderloin, potatoes, broccoli, yorkshire pudding
New Year's Eve at home - Salad, cheese fondue (my seriously once-a-year guilty pleasure), dessert

Meals to test myself
Homemade Mac and Cheese
Chili
Stew
Take out Chinese (I can't remember the last time we had it)
Christmas Eve (my favorite meal of the year)
New Year's Eve (my second favorite meal of the year)

But all of this is in a period of 3 weeks - that is 21 dinners, 21 lunches and 21 breakfasts - So it really is a small percent of the meals and there is no reason for me not to eat well all the other meals.

If I can get back to 191 by next Thursday, maybe, just maybe, I could get to 189 by December 31st. But I am not going to stress about it.

1 comment:

  1. You're way ahead of me! :) I do know what I'm making for Christmas dinner, but other than that it's day by day.

    Have a great weekend! We can do this!! :)

    ReplyDelete