Friday, December 31, 2010

2011: A Year Ahead

I am not one to make real resolutions – ie “I will lose X amount of weight” – those ones never work.


But I want to work on all the areas of my life that I mentioned yesterday hadn’t been great this year.


Weight Loss - I need to step this up if I am going to hit my initial goal of 149 in 2011. I need to track everything and work on my dinner consumption. I think 1.5 lbs per week is a realistic goal if I work on it


Exercise - Needs to happen – more on this tomorrow


Food - I want to eat more whole foods. I want to eat more variety. I want to eat less.


Work - I need to be 100% focused while I am work and put myself out there. I need to get back to working hard.


Husband - WE need to be a focus this year. We need to communicate better – we used to be so good at it before we had 2 kids. We need to have date lunches and date nights. We need to spend time together in our own home and away from it. And maybe even get away for a long weekend!

 


Kids - I need to learn to be more patient with them. I need to be more present in their lives instead of relying on my husband to do a lot of the entertaining while I do all the other things around the house. They are growing up so fast and I don’t want to miss it because I am too busy.

 


Hobbies - I need to find areas to focus on and I think it is going to be photography and sewing. The cake decorating can be put on hold (a good idea!) – I’ll scrapbook what I need to, but I always say I am going to go back and re-do it “some day”.






But overall, I want 2011 to be about living and enjoying. Not stressing, not planning, not organizing. Just living.

No comments:

Post a Comment