Thursday, May 16, 2013

Early morning 5K

After a couple of mornings of almost freezing temps (and the distinct feeling that I was getting sick and thus didn't want to go out in 37 degree weather in mid-May), I got my butt out of bed at 5:30 am and ran a 5K by myself for the first time since February 5, 2012. It took 39:14, so a minute slower than my fastest time before, but I am okay with that!

As expected, it was a tight "squeeze" to fit a 5K into our neighborhood - by going out of my neighborhood, the roads are very tight and windy. But by going up and back to the end of my street, cutting off on a side street and back, and doing a little doubling back at the end, I was able to get in a full 3.14 miles. Can't wait to do it again!

Of course now, I feel like I am starving. I had a banana when I was feeding the kids breakfast, and tried to drink a ton of water, and ate my normal breakfast, but my stomach is grumbling like crazy and it is only 10 am. More water, more water, more water.

No comments:

Post a Comment