Monday, May 27, 2013

Happy Memorial Day!

Here in New England it has been crazy weather. Rainy since Tuesday, which we really needed because it has been a very dry spring. But Saturday and Sunday were crazy cool too - it was 41 when I woke up yesterday. But it will be 90 by Thursday and could be our first heatwave if it makes it to 90 all the days it is expected.

I am kicking ass in the food department - though I plan on having today be my "cheat day".

Saturday the kids had a lunch playdate, so my husband and I went out for BBQ before doing errands. I had a pulled chicken wrap - sure it probably had an insane # of calories, but I picked chicken over beef or pork, I didn't get any sides, and I had water to drink.

Later I took the kids back to our old town for a birthday party. Since it was at 4:30, pizza was served. I passed on both pizza and cake. I had packed a PB&J sandwich in the car which I ate on the way home. Day #1 with no soda.

Sunday I got up and went running, in the cold rain (but it was on a rail trail, so the trees covered us). We went 3.5 miles - the furthest I have ever gone. We don't run at my normal 12:30 pace - we go slower, which is fine by me! She said she wants to try to increase mileage by .25 miles a week, which again is good by me. I downloaded a couple of 10K training plans and they had me going from 4 to 5 miles in 1 week (granted, later in the program) and then 5 to 6 miles. I need slower than that! So we'll see how that goes.

Sunday was a nice lazy day around the house- the rain finally stopped later on, though it was chilly. I spent some time kicking a soccer ball around. I get the idea of wearing workout clothes all weekend, so you can spontaneously do something!

The eating was pretty good - may have had too much blue cheese (the cheese, not the dressing ) on my tiny piece of steak. Again, no dessert, no soda!

I am not sure how far I am going to take this no soda. I know I should just cut it out all together. Then I say maybe just the 4 days I am at work. Maybe I will try to go without it at work this week since it a short week and see how it goes.

Today my 6 year old said she wanted to go running, but 5 minutes into our intervals (running very slowly and walking) she said she didn't want to do it anymore. So we walked home, I dropped her at the end of the driveway, and decided to go for a "quick mile" - I did it in 12:00. I need to find the closest track to us (our high school is being rebuilt on our fields, so our track is no longer in existence) so I can do some speedwork and see how fast I really can do 1 mile (driving to wear I run on Sundays is too far just for 1 mile). The mile from my house has a slight incline for the first 1/3 mile - so I would like a flat place.

Not sure what we have on tap for the rest of the day - we are thinking of going to explore the reservoir near us - ?place to do some trail running?

Happy Memorial Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment