Thursday, February 7, 2019

One day at a time.....

Tuesday was a battle of wills being at home, but I feel like I made the right choice to stay home with less temptations than go to work. Plus it was beautiful out (63 degrees!) so I kept going out and standing in the sun. If only it were spring already!

I worked really hard to get in all my water even though I just wasn't feeling it. And my stomach kept growling, but I knew I wasn't really hungry.

I didn't get around to prepping for afternoon snacks (I really, really, really need to get back into this for next week!) so my snack was a small bowl of almonds, salted roasted pumpkin seeds and dried cherries. After that I did my 1.75 mile run on the treadmill. Ugh I didn't wait long enough after eating, but I got through it, even though it was mentally challenging. For the last 1/4 mile I upped the speed to 5 mph (12:00 min/mile).

Since I never made the pepper nachos for the Super Bowl, I still had the cut up peppers, so I turned them into one of our go-to meals - peppers and onions, chicken apple sausage, dried cranberries with some poultry seasoning. Usually we eat it over Israeli couscous - I usually eat too much of it plus we didn't have any in the house so we just had it over brown rice. 1 serving (usually unheard of). Score!

Wednesday was another work-from-home-day. We were in desperate need to some groceries so I fit in a quick trip before getting my son to school. I did pick up some vanilla ice cream, lemon sherbet and chocolate pudding for myself for Friday. But also a lot of produce which we needed.

The only not so good thing on Wednesday was my afternoon snack was a microwaveable Kraft Mac and Cheese bowl. But I am trying to get these things out of my house! And part of the result was a smaller dinner too - We had leftover Chorizo and turkey meat from the Superbowl which got turned into tacos. But instead of a tortilla and rice, I had a small amount of meat, a lot of black beans, cheese/lettuce/salsa/light sour cream and I did crumble a few chips over for the crunch. Again, just 1 serving!

So the scale is back down to 225.4 this morning.

Tomorrow I am having an endoscopy so I can't eat or drink anything after 8:30. I haven't been told I'll be restricted on my eating after the procedure, but the ice cream/sherbet/pudding are in case my throat hurts and I figure they'll be gentle.

But before that I am enjoying spaghetti, homemade sauce, salad and garlic bread for dinner. Is it 6:00 yet?!

1 comment:

  1. Good job for getting your weight back down!!! You are rocking it! How did the endoscopy go???

    ReplyDelete