Monday, February 11, 2019

Weekend Recap

It was a nice low-key weekend. After my grocery shopping in the biting wind, I didn't want to leave the house again. Thankfully I didn't need to!

I had a late breakfast of just cheerios and bananas - I just wasn't in the mood for my normal go tos. Other foods:
Mid-day snack of string cheese and peaches following a 25 minute walk on the treadmill
Lunch of sweet potato/dried cherries/goat cheese/chicken/blueberries
Quick bowl of peaches prior to my....
2 mile run on the treadmill! 4.8 mph (last .25 at 5.0)
Dinner was 3.5 oz of Barilla Plus spaghetti, plus zoodles, and Parmesan cheese

I don't think I got enough water in. I woke up on Sunday up a pound (or like I said, I think my 223.2 was not a "real" number)

Thankfully there wasn't a lot of wind on Sunday. Knowing we will be getting some snow this week, I wanted to get the reservoir again. And my husband opted to join me - impromptu date! We walked around twice. It was wonderful to plan our summer vacation.


And I hit 10K steps on our walk....which meant I sat on my butt for most of the day.

I had had a flaxseed waffle PB&J sandwich before I went and my lunch/2nd breakfast was oatmeal (because I was SO cold!) - I made 2 servings and made it with milk. I added 2 t. brown sugar, blueberries, whole almonds, dollup of vanilla greej yogurt and unsalted pumpkin seeds. Yummy!

Then I did some food prep:
bagged my carrots for lunch
mixed together my yogurt/blueberries/granola for 2 days
ground some Parmesan cheese
hardboiled some eggs
made chicken salad for 2 snacks
made chocolate coconut almond balls

And then I sat in front of the computer for the rest of the day planning our historic April vacation (Philly/Williamsburg/DC).

I did take time out to make dinner with the whole family - Breakfast for Dinner:
bacon
scrambled eggs - my son made!
strawberries
hashed browns - my husband helped make!
kodiak dark chocolate pancakes (made with milk and eggs) - my daughter made!

I definitely know I didn't drink enough water and didn't get many steps after 1:00 pm. Weight was the same this morning.

More water, more steps today.....and don't eat all the energy balls!

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes relaxing weekends are the best ever! And you got a nice walk in too!!! Woohoo on the vacation!!! My advice for philly? I loved the US mint....inteeesting to see money being made!!! Ohh and eastern state penitentiary!!! (Old prison..if that interests you!). Dc...the skies the the limit! So much to see and do!!! As for Williamsburg...if you have at least three days...do the triangle deal and spend one day doing each of the three things. It made for full days...(I was there four days and spent day four picking up the few things that I couldn’t finish in historic Williamsburg.....which is definitely where most of your time will be used...the other two things each took a day...and I had no need to go back to those)... just my two cents. :-)

    ReplyDelete