Wednesday, February 27, 2019

5:30 am workouts

I haven't weighed myself since Saturday and I am kind of okay with that.

Besides Sunday, the reason I haven't weighed myself this week is I have gotten up at 5:30 3 days in a row to work out! And the logistics of changing into workout gear and such, I don't have access to the scale.

Gotta love these pictures - I stink at selfies and since I haven't even looked in the mirror, this is what you get!




I have been doing Beachbody's 21 Fix - So far I've done Total Body Cardio Fix, Upper Fix and Lower Fix. All I can say is wow my body is sore! Like having a lot of time sitting on the toilet sore, but it is worth it!

This morning I wasn't sure if my body could handle the Lower Fix as my legs are still really sore from squats on Monday. I brought my headphones downstairs thinking I may just walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes, but I wanted to try it and it didn't go so badly. I will say that I am always heavily modifying all the exercises, but it is better than nothing and using muscles I wouldn't otherwise, so win-win.

Another thing I've had to step back on the last couple of days is not hitting my 10K steps. Obviously you don't get a lot of steps in doing this but it is 30 minutes of exercise. So I've told myself that I really only need 60 minutes, so another 30 minutes of walking through the day and I am okay with that, so I've had between 8000 and 9000 steps the last 2 days. Plus I've had this big project at work which hadn't afforded me as much time to walk around (and my legs are thanking me).

Eating? So-so.
Monday a co-worker brought in cran-orange muffins so I had that as a mid-morning snack and still had my snack stuff with lunch. I didn't get to eat my mid-afternoon snack because we were so head's down with work. Dinner I made teriyaki chicken, stir fried peas pods and a combo of cauliflower rice (my first time attempting it - didn't go so well!) and regular rice made into friend rice. Only one person, put another serving for leftovers.

Tuesday I worked from home. I decided to forego the Lean Cuisine pizza for lunch and made my spiralized sweet potato bowl with 1/2 a leftover avacado, chicken, goat cheese, dried cherries and pepitas. 4:15 I had a snack attack of nuts/seeds/cherries-  too much of all. And dinner was roasted broccoli (another first, it was very good!), pasta, chicken, and homemade alfredo sauce (not incredibly healthy, and very yummy). Only 1 serving. Win!

Today they are bringing in lunch from Wahlburgers. I had getting a cob salad.....but I am also getting a coffee shake :) There are certain things that if they are on the menu I will order them and a coffee shake it one of those things. Dinner is going to be leftovers as we have a lot of them!

Happy Hump Day

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the early morning workouts! You are rocking this!!!!

    You mentioned spiralized veggies...my mom gave me a spiralizer for Christmas..which I haven’t used. Do you buy your spiralized stuff or do it yourself? Is it worth it???

    ReplyDelete