Thursday, January 26, 2017

3 miles at 5 am

I did it - I got up at 4:30 am to run at 5 am with my running group. I only did that 8 times last year, the last time being September 13. It was easier to get up because it was 38 degrees - balmy!

I looked and in 2015 I ran 38 times in the am (not always with my running group - there is a period of time when it is light enough that I feel okay running on my own)

I didn't sleep well last night, but that is always the case because a 5 am run - I worry about oversleeping. I'd rather turn the alarm off before it goes off so I don't wake up my husband. But I really should make it a habit of sleeping in the basement on those nights because he doesn't go to bed before 11 and is reading, or watching tv, or looking at his phone.

But it did feel good, even if I was the slowest one of this pack.

And I bought myself new running sneakers (Saucony Guide) and new running socks this week - I tried the sneakers this morning, but not the socks yet.

I hope I stay healthy! My son has a terrible cough and is home sick today :(

1 comment:

  1. Good job for getting out there so easy in the morning!!!! I struggle with getting moving that early....maybe if I had a running group waiting on me. :-)

    ReplyDelete