Monday, January 30, 2017

Thank Goodness For Monday

Usually one isn't excited for Monday, but I am glad it is Monday so we can get this week going! The carpet it going in today, the painters are coming tomorrow. We can start moving stuff into the family room at the end of the week. Happy Dance! And then there is this big football game on Sunday night to look forward to.

The tile is in (the grout is done too but I don't have a picture)

Saturday my daughter and I went to a beach we hadn't been to before, but a beach I've wanted to check out as a fun place to go one evening. It was fairly windy, but not a ton of waves, but we stayed for about an hour


After the beach we went to Cheesecake Factory for lunch - neither of us finished our food and we got some cheesecake to go for us and for the rest of the family.

The rest of Saturday was very low key. Both of us took a nap - The cold, salty, fresh air must of worn us out!

Sunday morning I ran 5 miles. I didn't want to get up at 6:30 in order to meet up with some other people (If I run 5+ miles I like to get up an hour early because I need time for my stomach to settle the food I eat). It was the first time I had run 5 miles outside, and on my own, in a very long time. It was not easy, but I did it without walking. I ran at about a 13:00 mile pace which is 2 minutes off my PR, but I am not caring about PRs right now. I am not even worrying about pace - I am just concentrating on getting it done and not walking.

My son has been sick with a cough since Thursday. Sunday my husband brought him to the doctor and as we suspected he was diagnosed with pneumonia :( So he is home still today. Hopefully the anti-biotics will have kicked in enough so he can go back to school tomorrow.

May the week go fairly fast because last week was so slow, slow, slow!

1 comment:

  1. Yay to the family room being move-in-able! Are you enjoying it???

    Yay for the run! I sometimes think that I focus too much on the numbers (pace and all that) and that I need to just back off and be happy with completing my run without walking!

    ReplyDelete