Friday, January 20, 2017

Another week, another Friday

Thank goodness it is Friday again. Try to recharge my batteries and start anew.

This week has continued to be poor in the eating department. I've seen the scale go up and up. Wednesday was me vs. a package of Oreos - I definitely did not win. I don't mind the kids having junk food in the house over the weekend, but I really need to get into the habit of getting rid of it before the school/work week begins.

Work has been stressful. And I feel like I've been battling boredom or depression or maybe a little bit of both the evenings this week. I've just wanted to curl up in bed and read really trashy books and will the day to be over so we could be that much closer to....To what? This is always my thing - When I have something to look forward to I literally can not think about anything else. Very often I feel like I would have done so well with Ritalin in college because my brain does wander so much.

So what am I looking forward to?
The AFC Championship - Yes I want to win, yes I want to go to another Super Bowl, but will my world come crashing down if we don't win? No. We've been beyond blessed. This year I really want it for Tom. 2 years ago it was for us, Patriots Nation. This year it is for him - not that he will retire, but he can get #5 and he can stick to Roger Godell. If it can't be us, I want it to be Atlanta (or even the Packers - anyone except Pittsburgh!)

Our family room being done - I can't wait to display all the things I collected from my parents house. To have all the books we picked. To have all my photo albums out. And to be able to sit in the room and enjoy it. Of course work has been slow this week - but the flooring people are coming Wednesday so I told the contractors they had to be done by EOD Tuesday.

Getting some small organizational projects done around the house - with the stomach bug 2 weeks ago and still not feeling great last weekend, my To Do list from New Year's is still around and to know that I have the time to actually get it done (though easier said than done when I am enjoying relaxing!)

And relaxing means I haven't run in almost 2 weeks. I plan on getting out for 5 miles on Sunday on my own.

I can't help but think about what this winter may still have in store for us We notoriously don't get a lot of snow in January, but the past years when we have gotten a ton, ton, ton of snow, it hasn't been until February.

And then there is the fact that today is Inauguration Day. I loved the Obamas. I really hoped that something would happen at the last minute to stop the scariness. But that hasn't happened. And now we must deal. I hate feeling the way I do. I want to feel joy in this country again.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you...I was hoping for something to stop the fear that I feel for our country!!!!!

    ReplyDelete