Tuesday, January 10, 2017

All Down Hill After I Posted

The weekend took a major turn for the worse on Sunday afternoon. Just as things were winding down and I was looking forward to relaxing in front of the TV, my daughter got the stomach bug. She was down for 6 hours and just as I was done with that, I didn't feel great and got ill myself :(

Yesterday I lay in bed all day while my husband worked from home and my daughter was home too, even though she felt fine. The contractors were at the house working on the family room, so I really, really didn't want to leave my room, not that I felt like it. My head hurt too bad to watch any sort of device, so all I could do was lie there in agony and moan :)

Just as I was ready to get up because the contractors were gone and I was starving, my husband came to bed saying he didn't feel good. I high-tailed it out of there! Thank goodness we now have pull-out couches in the basement (where I spent the night when I was sick) and our office (where I spent last night so I could still hear the kids (and my husband)) in case they needed me.

Thank goodness our illnesses weren't as bad as the kids, so I was back at work today, my daughter was back at school. My husband is home, but apparently feeling better. I had to cancel the house cleaners today but thankfully they can come back on Thursday.

I guess 45 kids were out from my son's school yesterday! People are saying you really should keep your kids home for 3 days after being sick. The policy is 24 hours, which I did with my daughter. Us working moms - no way I could keep my kid home that long - plus they would go insane. But I also understand the Norovirus is very contagious.  I am going to go home and clean even more. And pray this is the end of it!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear that it hit you too!!!! But I am glad to hear that your on the mend!!!

    ReplyDelete