Monday, November 29, 2010

Back to the grind...for 3 days

My long weekend was not the healthy eating, except for 1 meal, that I thought it would be. But it is Monday and I am back on track...For 3 days until we go on vacation for 5 days.

I really should have thrown away the rest of the apple pie that we didn't eat on Thursday and I didn't give to my parents. My husband prefers pumpkin pie and my kids apparently only like the ice cream next to the pie. So unfortunately I found myself finishing 1/2 the pie (not all at once!).

I spent the majority of the long weekend running around getting stuff organized for our trip, but that also resulted in some snacking and no real exercise at all. But in my defense, my foot is starting to bother me some (I had a mild case of plantar fasitis back in the spring) and I am worried about aggrivating it too much before vacation.

Saturday I went and bought tons of snacks for our trip - Wednesday I will organize what I actually bring. I got Fiber One bars for myself and a bunch of crackers and granola bar type stuff for the kids. We are on the Deluxe Dining Plan at Disney so some snacks come with that, but I don't want to be shelling out tons of money for crap food. None of us need it. Though I will try some of the tasty snacks Disney has to offer. I've only been their once, when I was 30, so I really don't know what to expect.

I did feel a little down this weekend because the scale wasn't saying very nice things. In the past 9 months, I would have used that as a reason to get back on track. But I didn't. I ate. An unfamiliar feeling and a feeling that sucks! I ate because I was stressed and anxious and excited. But I am back on track today for the next 3 days. Maybe, just maybe, I can lose 1.2 lbs in that time?! I doubt it, but I will try.

1 comment:

  1. In case I don't get back here before then...have a great trip!!!

    You are living life and I think you're doing fine. You're aware of what's going on and not giving up. Great!!!

    ReplyDelete