Saturday, November 20, 2010

Cheesecake Factory

I was so good all week, making choices at restaurants, at home and at work. But I also knew that Friday night I was going to go to the Cheesecake Factory with my BFF, who I only see 2x a year.

I usually work from home on Fridays but my presence was required at work. I did order breakfast there. Yes, I know I did it because I knew I didn't have to weigh-in officially for 2-3 weeks. I never order breakfast during the week because weigh-in is on the horizon. But I figure a Friday every once in a while is okay. If I have to start going in every Friday, which is a distinct possibility, then it will be a every-few-months occasion. Ordering breakfast means: breakfast sandwich and a yogurt parfait. Yummy.

At Cheesecake I had 1 piece of bread (could have skipped that), few sips of wine (I really should have sent it back - it was beyond warm. Yuck), summer rolls (really just shrimp, veggies and those thin skins - nothing deep fried), a cobb salad ("small" size on CF standards, but I hate to know how many calories), and a piece of cheesecake. I go to CF 1-2 a year - I've definitely overindulged before. I was concerned about the volume of food I was able to consume without feeling full. But I didn't feel guilty. It is called living.

Of course I feel kind of gross this morning. I planned on getting on the scale this morning but my daughter decided to get up at an unreasonable time this morning and I didn't feel like shlepping back upstairs and risk waking up my son. But today is a new day.

1 comment:

  1. I think CF 1-2 times a year fits into the "all things in moderation" aspect of my weight loss journey that I, like you, call LIFE.

    Sounds like you did great and I bet you left satisfied since you allowed items you don't usually eat. :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete