Monday, November 29, 2010

Weight Watchers is taking over my day

I really should be doing a lot of work, but I am completely procrastinating by figuring out as much as I can about the new plan on-line. I will be on vacation during our At Work meeting on Thursday but I am going to try to go to a center where my leader teaches on Wednesday morning so I can get the materials and buy the calculator.

I am at 29 daily points, like a lot of the world it seems, since that is the minimum # of points. I think they take height and age into consideration - I don't think weight is as much of a factor since I am still considered obese and I get the minimum # of points. Though since there is no quiz to take, who knows if we'll every know how it is calculated.

I am not up at arms about the fact that my processed foods are now more points. My # of points a day went up by 5 (from 24 to 29) but the foods I eat breakfast - snack are now 20 points instead of 14. So I will need to spend some time evaluating my food choices and trying to make some changes. But that may not happen until after the holidays.

I know my biggest change I need to make is to stop eating a Lean Cuisine Deluxe Pizza every day for lunch - It was 7 points (though sometimes I cut it down to 6 points by literally cutting 1/7th of it out) and now it is 9 pts.

 I definitely have cut down on my processed foods from a year ago, but I definitely have room for improvement. I am one of those people this new program was designed for, so I will embrace it and see what happens.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't heard of this new plan yet and I'm curious to see how you like it. I did points about four years ago through WW online. That's the last time I tried it.

    ReplyDelete