Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Trying to get back on track....

After a beautiful, warmish holiday weekend, I am now in a funk. It is only 40 degrees today, should be in the 20s tonight, TOM arrived yesterday, and I am trying to get the house back in order.

Saturday was a crazy day - as usual, I bit off way more than I could chew in terms of getting stuff done for Easter. I love Spring and I wanted our first Easter in the new house to be perfect.

I got an email in the morning saying what my daughter needed for soccer on Wednesday, so we found ourselves running out late Saturday afternoon. We headed to an early dinner first where I had Lobster Bisque (so yummy, so fattening - I have it maybe once a year or every 2 years - so I didn't want to pass it up) and Shrimp Scampi Mac & Cheese. Comfort food.

Easter was a bundle of craziness. I didn't really have time to eat that much. I realized though at 8:30 pm that I hadn't eaten a thing since 2 pm so heated up some leftover pasta. I didn't go crazy on the Easter candy.

Monday day was a typical work day, but by the end of the day I was crampy and bloated and cranky so dinner was mainly leftovers, but I found myself chowing on leftovers even as I put everything together, so i couldn't even finish my dinner.

Today was trash day and I did a major purge - my fridge is practically bare - I haven't really menu planned. Tacos tonight, now that soccer is on Wednesday pizza day will move to Wednesday, pasta on Thursday with leftover ham, and a PB&J sandwich on swimming night.

I am annoyed with myself iwth how much candy I bought - and the majority will end up in the trash.

No comments:

Post a Comment