Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Darn Chex Mix

The first day back to work was going so well..... until 4:00 pm

I got on lots of steps (2 10-minutes walks around the floors at work and 2 10-minute walks on the treadmill at home)

I packed my food:

  • 225g of Greek yogurt (about 2/3 plain and 1/3 vanilla); blueberries; 1/8 cup granola
  • 2 string cheese and peaches for snack
  • Lean cuisine pizza and carrots for lunch

I got home at 1:45 and waited until my alarm said 3:30 for a snack: egg salad of 1 egg, 1 stalk celery, light mayo, flaxseed tortilla

So I was NOT hungry at 4:30 - I was just stressed about work and having no dinner plans. The ONLY snack in the house was my husband’s homemade Chex Mix (third batch this holiday season). Do j had one small Pyrex dish full....then 30 minutes later another. Darn Chex Mix.

But I did get 10K steps for a second day in a row.


Huff

1 comment:

  1. Darn Chex mix!!!! I got a lot of positives from this post though!!! You moved/were active! You had a plan in place for a snack! And that darn Chex mix was portioned out in a SMALL bowl! Ok so it was two bowls...they were small bowls but even more importantly, they weren’t huge bowls...or back to back bowls...or even worse yet...just a free for all with the big bucket/batch sitting beside you with your hand dipping in constantly and frequently with no check and balance!

    So if you are tracking...mark down the Chex mix and move forward! You had a good day otherwise. Learn from the Chex mix fiasco! (Lesson learned...plan dinner for one!!!). You have this!!! Think thin....if we think thin we will act thin!

    ReplyDelete