Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Mid week check in

Since Wednesday has just started, the week isn't technically half over yet, but close enough!

When I walk on the treadmill I've started listening to "Half Size Me" podcasts. The ones available start in 2014. One of them was talking about the importance of looking in the mirror, really looking in the mirror, during your journey. So I decided that was important....Of course last night I came home and found the house cleaners had broken the mirror (the back part that keeps it up) so I didn't get a picture this morning. Hopefully it can be fixed because the mirror wasn't cheap!







Do I like looking at these pictures? Not at all. But I know it is important to have them. While looking for pictures for My Story I found that I have so few pictures of myself - I know so many women, especially moms, don't. Partly because they don't like how they look and don't want to be in pictures,  and also because they are the ones taking the pictures because they appreciate more documenting their families lives. I get annoyed how often I have to ask my husband to take my picture.

Another thing I heard in one of the podcasts was talking about BMI and how flawed it is (I admit I totally pay attention to BMI - for me above 184 is Obese and 155-184 is Overweight. We will see how I feel when I get back to 184 to see if 154 is even still doable at my age) But they were also talking about waist size and how really that is a factor. We've been hearing for years that pear shaped women are healthier than apple shaped women - ie belly fat is a huge contributor to health issues. I never gained weight in my belly until after my 2nd kid. Even after the first the weight wasn't there. So they talked about striving for a waist of 35" or smaller. Monday I pulled out the tape measure. 42" - that's a bra size, that used to be my hip size. I've never been one for measurements but I now I feel like I do want to keep track of some of them - waist, hips, bust. Not going to worry about arms and leg right now.

So how has the week gone so far?
I've gotten in my 10K steps both days. Monday I took 3 walks at work and then a 21 minute walk at home on the treadmill to hit my 10K.
Tuesday I took 3 walks at work and then did Week 4, Day 1 of C25K on the treadmill. My walking is at 3.0 mph and my running is at 4.6 (about 13 minute miles).

Dinners have been so-so.
Monday I made asian meatballs (baked, with beef because that's all we had), rice in the Instant Pot, and edameme. Probably had a bit too much - not a full second helping, but more than 1 serving.

Tuesday it was a "everyone for themselves" night as my son was at ski club. I had a left over enchilada, but I was still hungry. I should have waited 10 minutes. I made some asian noodles (1 packet is 300 calories) and put on some veggies and a little ginger dressing. Again, not horrible, but I felt pretty full after that "second dinner" - I needed more than the enchilada, but I could have done with 1/2 of the noodles.

Today I am working from home - I enjoy those days so much more. I did a mini grocery run early, I don't need to do laundry like I do on Fridays, so it is a much more enjoyable day to be home.

1 comment:

  1. I am like you...pictures of me are few and far between!!! But I am trying to get better!!!

    I so need to start listening to podcasts on my way to work (my radio in the car has croaked and I’m not fixing it since I hope to get a new car soon!)

    ReplyDelete