Friday, January 4, 2019

My view from home

At the last minute (ie I drove out of the driveway to take my son to the bus stop and then drove back in the driveway instead of to work) I decided to work from home. I am a wuss in the snow and even though I knew it wouldn't last, it was slippery.

When I work from home by myself I usually move around a little more during the day, but when my husband is WFH as well, I park myself at the Island where there is a plug.

And from this vantage point I can see the fridge and the dreaded Chex Mix (right next to the paper towel). But I prevailed yesterday! Part of it was because the scale said something awful - 236.4! Granted, AF arrived late Wednesday so I was pretty bloated and crampy yesterday, but still. I thought the 235 the other day was a fluke! I guess so, in the wrong direction :(



Not only did I resist the Chex Mix yesterday, I took 5 10-minute walk breaks on the treadmill between 9 am and 7:30 pm and hit my 10K steps. And I am starting to listen to podcasts! I need to find some good ones about healthy eating and weight loss and well as ones about visualizing your goals. Yesterday I had picked a running one, but for elite runner - nothing I could relate to.

I didn't feel like tacos for dinner, so around 4:00 pm me and my friends were chatting about chicken in the Instant Pot. I didn't have any frozen chicken breasts in the freezer (we usually only have them during the summer) but I did have some chicken tenders so I cooked them (needed to cook them longer than the 12 minutes googling told me to). And I made a yummy chicken/pasta bake and have lots of leftover chicken. Only downside to the day was I had two servings for dinner. Baby steps.

Eating on Thursday was similar to Wednesday:

7:30 am fruit cup
9:15 am - Combo plain and vanilla yogurt, blueberries, 1/8 cup granola
11:30 am - 2 string cheese, fruit cup
1:00 pm - Lean Cuisine pepperoni pizza, carrots
3:30 - hard boiled egg, celery, light mayo egg salad in flax seed wrap
6:30 - 2 servings of chicken/pasta bake with green beans

walking breaks:
9:00, 11:00, 3:00, 5:30, 7:15


1 comment:

  1. Woohoo for avoiding the Chex mix yesterday!!!! And even more kudos for getting on the treadmill!!!!!!

    I just got an instapot....learning and experimenting!!!!

    ReplyDelete