Friday, January 25, 2019

TGIF!

I love, love weekends where we have very little going on. Our own plan is doing an Escape Room as a family, a present my husband got us all for Christmas. My son is starting a STEM class mid-day on Sundays so that doesn't allow us to go skiing at all this weekend, which is okay as we are still trying to pay off the credit card from Christmas :(

This week has been a little disheartening. I ran on Tuesday and while I felt like my legs were bothering me a little, on Wednesday I really felt like I had shin splints :(  I had ordered a pair of black sneakers to wear to work to give me a little more cushion during my walks - while we aren't really supposed to wear sneakers, some people do, and I figure all black sneakers aren't that bad. I was WFH on Wednesday and did take 4 walk breaks totaling 60 minutes but I was pretty busy at work so didn't get many more steps in.

Eating wasn't on the mark either on Wednesday - I was stressed about work and my stomach was grumbling even with my normal food and water. I had my normal snack at 11:50 and 30 minutes later I was have a "dessert" (my 2 sugar-free fudgicles with PB) as well as a mixtures of almonds/pumpkin seeds/dried apricots. And then finally at 12:30 I had my normal lunch. I should have just had that to begin with, but I wanted to stretch out my lunch later since I had just had snack.

My afternoon snack was larger as well - I had chicken salad in a flaxseed tortilla, but then also had more nuts/seeds/dried fruit.

I wasn't feeling like making dinner but had pulled out some chicken tenders. When I realized I was supposed to marinade the meat for a recipe I wanted to make, instead I just made homemade chicken nuggets/green beans/microwaveable bag of grains.

Thursday to scale was up almost a pounds. I made a note in my tracker to make sure I got in my water and promised myself I would stick to my snacking plan.

Once a month they bring in breakfast at work and I skipped it!

I had decided Wednesday night that I wouldn't run on Thursday. I would just get in my walks and even then I slowed them down from 3.1 to 3.0 when I was home on the treadmill.

Dinner was tacos, but I didn't make a bag of spanish rice like I normally do. And I had more of a taco salad (chicken, jalapeno baked black beans, reduced fat mexican rice, light sour cream, lettuce, a 100-calorie tub of guacamole and a few crushed tortilla chips) and I only had 1 helping. Winning!!

I'll see how my legs feel on Saturday - I would really like to get the 20 minute run in. Even if I just run once a week and continue walking and do other exercise, I keep telling myself I don't HAVE to be running right now and I definitely don't have to run 3x a week.

Here is to keeping my sanity of this Friday and keeping my calories in check as I am hoping to reach 5 lbs gone at WW tomorrow (and as I am writing this my stomach is grumbling loudly. Need to eat breakfast!!)

1 comment:

  1. There are lots of positives in your week!!! Go you!!!!

    If they fuss about the black sneakers, throw them under your desk or in a desk drawer. I have a pair of sneakers in my drawer for my walks (sadly they are typically summer walks...I need to start walking in the winter too!!)

    ReplyDelete