Wednesday, January 19, 2011

7 months to being fit?

The title of this blog, currently, is Fit (Again) by 41 - Well I just looked at the calendar and was reminded that 41 will arrive in 7 months from today. And while I have lost almost 30 lbs since last March, I have done zero to become more fit.

My quick experiences with exercise have been just that, quick.
- 2 weeks in May before I was convinced I had plantar fasciitis (which made me feel horrible because I was convinced it was happening because I had gotten too fat for my flat feet)
-6 weeks in September before I got a dreadful head/chest cold that last 25 days (I did work out through the first couple of days but stopped). I have returned to working out and I am the oldest broken record in the world.  But really, a lot of it, was that I had to work really hard to change my lifestyle to go to bed at 10:30 to get up at 5:30. I still know that that is the only time I can work out, but I've been so busy in the evenings that I haven't been able to get myself up early. But Friday will be the day. I sware!

I am truely aching to have my body ache. I can't remember the last time it did. I am working from home today and decided to just fast-forward through Jillian's 30 Day Shred to see what it entailed. I am very excited! If I can do that a couple of times a week and then pure cardio another 3-4 days a week then I think I will have a very good start. Part of why I have been reluctant to pick up the weights, when that is the aspect of working out that I have loved in the past, is that I wanted to concentrate on cardio and sweating and I usually don't sweat when I lift weights. But from what everyone tells me, I will be sweating with the 30 Day Shred. So I'll walk on Friday and try Jillian over the weekend. Wow I am excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment