Friday, January 14, 2011

An off-plan evening turns into an off-plan morning

Last night we had our "holiday" party at work - I had one drink then turned to water, since I had drive home and I had work to do that night. But the passed hors d'oeuvres were way too yummy and way too abundant. Then the husband and I took advantage of my parents babysitting and went out to dinner - we had trouble finding a place because our normal haunts near our house all have on-street parking and after 18"+ inches of snow, there wasn't much room to park, so we ended up at a pubby-type restaurant where we split some appetizers. I had water. My body is just not used to all the greasy food so I get pains - I do sometimes think I have mild gallbladdar issues. I wasn't full persay, but I was uncomfortable for the rest of the night.

Because of all the sodium that night, I woke up in the morning starving. I threw a Slim Fast in my bag, in addition to a yogurt parfait. I drank the Slim Fast on the way to work, along with my normal 20 oz of work. I was dragging when I got to work and still feeling starving so I decided on a breakfast sandwich and a 12 oz can of coke. Not good. But lunch and snacks from now on will be on program and then I will really need to track for the rest of the week.

We live in Patriots country, but I told my husband that I don't want to eat Super Bowl type food until the actual Super Bowl, regardless of who is in it. A 4:30 in the afternoon football game is not a reason to eat lots of junk.

So hopefully this 15 hour blip is over for week - I am not going to beat myself up over a blip. This is not a diet. This is life and life is full of blips. My new manager at work lost 20 lbs on WW over the summer over 12 weeks and never ate one of her extra weekly points. She had to go to a center for her last weigh-in and she was all mad when people at that center told her that while they force people to eat any or all of their weeklies, their experience has been that it is harder for people to keep it off if they do it quickly and strictly. I completely agree with them! I am by no means doing this quickly but I am learning so much in the process. Hmmm, I guess I should write a post sometime soon of what I am learned. Or maybe keep it for the end of March when my 1st anniversary of recommitment comes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment