Friday, March 8, 2013

Operation 25th Reunion

I think I have decided to go to my 25th high school reunion. My weight wasn't the only thing that was keeping me back. I don't really keep in touch with a lot of people from my high school, and a lot of my friends were from other grades so they wouldn't even be there. I went to a private boarding school, so it isn't like this is a one night thing, it is a whole weekend. I think I have convinced my husband to go. I don't really want to go alone, since the one person I do keep in contact with is on the planning committee so he'll be busy a lot.

So the reunion is 13 weeks from today, so of course I immediately go to "How many pounds can I lose in 13 weeks" - Stepping on the scale this morning, it said 226.2 (this was at 5:30 in the morning, bleary eyed, they just had canceled school for snow,but we did have pizza for dinner, so who knows). So I  think....Could I really lose 26 lbs in 13 weeks - that would be completely unrealistic. But I've decided it isn't about pounds, it is about how good I feel about myself in 13 weeks. So I am not going to kill myself to hit a number on the scale. But I want to feel really good about myself, and working out will help that.

And guess what, there is a 5K race during the reunion weekend? I had visions of waking up at school and going for a run (something I never did in high school - I was thinnish (as my "athletic build" would allow - I was somewhere in the 130s when I graduated, but was in the 120s in my early-mid 20s) but i was not an athelite. I had issues with shin splints and bursitis in my knees.

So, reunion aside, I did W2D2 of C25K this morning. I woke up, despite not having gone to bed early enough, and as I was in the bathroom changing (again, 5:30 am) my phone rings to say that school was cancelled. I could have gotten back into bed, but no, I went to work out as planned, and it felt great!



1 comment:

  1. Good for you for exercising after school was cancelled. I'm sure I would've gone back to bed. :)

    You have a great attitude with regards to the reunion.

    ReplyDelete