Monday, March 4, 2013

The weekend where I ran....sort of!

The crazy single-mom weekend is over thank goodness!

Saturday, I had a second breakfast, since I didn't know when or where lunch would happen. After shlepping the kids (ages 6 1/2 and almost 4) through the mall, by myself for the first time, we decided to brave Chuck E. Cheese. It wasn't as crazy as it could have been - ie we got a seat right away. But it was still crazy. We got a large pepperoni pizza - I got a water and some rootbeer (a lot of ice). No desserts though. We stayed for a while, did more errands (which included some M&Ms - 1/2 of which went in the trash - why can't they sell normal size packs of M&Ms anymore - not just King Size). Dinner was shells and cheese. Not a stellar day.

Saturday night I had dreams about swimming, all.night.long. One of those exhausting nights because you feel like you didn't sleep, but you did. But I woke up with the desire to exercise! I figured I had 1 week to try to get used to waking up early in the morning before Daylight Savings. So I hoped on the treadmill and did W1D1 of C25K. AND then did some light strength training! It felt fantastic (okay, my foot didn't feel fantastic, but I am still going to push myself)

This morning, I was all slated to do W1D2 before skipping to Week 2 on Wednesday. But I husband came to bed late and woke me up and I was up for hours and slept crappy so I didn't wake up this morning. BUT I will get up on Wednesday! (Tuesdays I have to get up early anyways because I am a 6:30 am conference call).

I love that my body aches. How I've missed that feeling!

TOM hasn't arrived yet - hope it isn't another month of being 6 days late - annoying!

No comments:

Post a Comment